As part of the efforts to better serve citizens who are positive to coronavirus, the Ministry of Health informs that virus-positive cases may be released earlier than 10 days, provided that they have a negative rapid antigen test result from predefined points indicated by the Ministry of Health and provided that they do not have any active virus symptoms.
It is stressed that virus-positive individuals are released on the same day of the test. Specifically, after receiving the result of the examination via a message, the release message is sent and citizens can issue the European Recovery Certificate via the portal https://www.eudcc.gov.cy/ after 30 minutes.
It should be recalled that:
• On the 6th day of self-isolation, virus-positive individuals will be notified by means of a text message of the predefined place and time for the Rapid test on 7th-10th day.
• The date of laboratory diagnosis of the case is considered as day zero (counting begins the next day).
• Only laboratory tests carried out at the predefined locations of the Ministry of Health will be recognized as valid for release purposes before day 10. (Individuals who do not follow the above procedure will be able to be released automatically on the basis of the procedure in force on day 10).
• When carrying out the test for release, the same identification data, which were declared at the time of registration on the platform for positive cases, should be provided (identification document, date of birth and telephone number) in order to avoid technical problems and delays in release.
• If the result is positive, the individual is able to repeat the test procedure on the 8th, 9th and 10th day, by visiting the same location, as was indicated by the Ministry of Health on day 6 or to self-isolate until the 10th day, on which he/she will be released on day 11 without a further test.
It is stressed that all social distance and protection measures (double surgical mask, or type KN95 or FFP2 protective mask) must be applied at the testing locations.