Electricity was first introduced to Cyprus in 1903 with the installation, by the colonial British administration, of an electric generator for the needs of the Governor in Nicosia. A second generator was installed soon after at the capital’s General Hospital.
On a wider scale, electricity was gradually enjoyed by Cypriots from 1912 onwards, with production and public distribution on a commercial basis.
A leading city was Limassol, where an electricity company was established with generators.
Full story here: https://xryseseteries.philenews.com/en/ahk/