Based on the Cabinet decisions dated 30 July 2021, and aiming at preventing the spread of the virus SARS-CoV-2, as of the 1st of August, in places where SafePass is required, individuals aged 12 and above must hold one of the following:
- Certificate of vaccination with at least one dose of the vaccine. A period of three weeks must have elapsed from the day of the administration.
- Proof that they have been infected with COVID-19 during the last six months.
- Certificate of a PCR negative test or a negative rapid antigen test result, valid for 72 hours.
According to the Ministerial Decision, dated 2 July, as of 1st of August, only the following groups of citizens are eligible for rapid tests:
- Minors up to 17 years old. It is understood that children aged 12-17 who do not have the consent of their parents/legal guardians for vaccination may carry out a rapid test free of charge through the programme of the Ministry of Health.
- Persons aged 18 years or over who cannot be vaccinated, provided they possess a medical certificate, and after their request has been examined by the Cyprus Medical Association and the Ministry of Health and has been approved. The approval must be presented to the testing unit.
- Pregnant women who are unable for medical reasons to be vaccinated, provided they possess a relevant approval from the ad hoc committee of the Cyprus Medical Association and the Ministry of Health, issued after their request has been examined along with all necessary medical certificates from their Gynaecologist.
- Individuals who have been vaccinated with the 1stdose of the vaccine, for the three-week period that they are obliged to be tested as a precondition for the issuance of a SafePass. For verification purposes the Vaccination Card must be presented.
- Individuals who have completed their vaccination scheme but wish to take tests for health monitoring purposes or for other reasons. It is understood that the Vaccination Card must be presented.
- Individuals holding a COVID-19 recovery certificate within the last 180 daysbut wish to take tests for health monitoring purposes or for other reasons. It is understood that the recovery certificate must be presented.
In addition to the above verification certificates, it is reminded that all citizens must carry proof of identity (e.g. Identity Card, Driver’s Licence, Passport, etc.), for identification purposes.
On Sunday, 24 October 2021, the rapid test units will be operating in the following areas:
|District||Location of testing units||Operating hours|
|University Square, (behind TEPAK)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Pano Polemidia Cultural Events Hall||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|My Mall Limassol||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Hotel Atlantica Oasis, Germasogeia (hotel lobby)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Episkopi community clinic||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Pelendri community Council||9.00 a.m. – 12 noon|
|Trimiklini Community Council||1.00 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Kyperounta Community Council||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Kolossi Conference Centre||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Pissouri Central Square||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Larnaca(11 units)||Larnaca Municipal Theatre (Municipal Gardens)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|“Agios Georgios Kontos” parking area, Larnaca||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Metropolis Mall (Entrance 1)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Archbishop Makarios settlement community council, Kamares||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Area near the Municipal Health Clinic of Aradippou||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Livadia central square||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Aradippou municipal clinic area||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Old Kition kindergarden||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Ormidia Community Council (underground area)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Kornos community clinic
Athienou municipal palace
Agglisides Community Council
|9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Nicosia(18 units)||Ayios Dhometios Municipality (events hall)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|European University Cyprus, Egkomi (graduation platform, next to the cafeteria)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Aglantzia Health Centre (entrance opposite Lefkoniko Municipality)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Panagia Evangelistria Church, Palouriotissa||10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Mall of Cyprus (underground parking area)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Ayios Georgios Church, Latsia||10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Tis tou Theou Sofias Church, Strovolos||10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Lakatamia Municipal Gallery (behind the amphitheater of Lakatamia)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Psimolofou Community Clinic||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Paliometocho Community clinic||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Nicosia Mall||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Idalion Community clinic||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Peristerona community council||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Ayion Constandinou and Elenis church, Tseri||10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Kakopetria Community Council||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Lythrodontas Community clinic||9.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.|
|Tamasou and Oreinis Bishopric, Episkopeiol||10.00 q.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Palaichori central square||10.00 noon – 3.00 p.m.|
|Paphos(4 units)||Kings Avenue Mall, Paphos (main entrance)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Town Hall Square (next to “Efseveia” Club)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Polis Chrysochous Cultural Centre||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Chloraka church||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Paralimni Town Hall (covered parking area)||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Agia Napa Church, Ayia Napa||10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Dheryneia Senior Citizens Centre||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Avgorou Senior Citizens Club||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|
|Liopetri national associations||9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.|