The World Health Organisation has addressed a number of myths making the rounds in order to better advise the public about the coronavirus.
In a dedicated question and answer section on its web page with graphics, it addresses questions such as as.
- exposure to the sun of high temperature does not prevent Covid 19
- being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds or more without coughing or feeling discomfort DOES NOT mean you are free from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or any other lung disease
- Drinking alcohol does not protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous
- Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the new coronavirus.
- The new coronavirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites
For the WHO’s myth busters click here.