- 500 ml (2 cups) of cream
- 100 g (1 cl rather than 1 tablespoon) icing sugar
- 1 spoon (3 tablespoons) Amaretto liqueur
- 1 shot glass (3 tablespoons) cold espresso coffee
- 12 (approximately) savoyard biscuits
- 4 tablespoons of coffee liqueur (Tia Maria, Kahlua …)
- Banana ice cream
- Cocoa powder for serving
- 100 ml (6 ½ tablespoons) of cream
- 100 g shredded couverture chocolate
Prepare the chocolate sauce: Put the chocolate in a bowl. Heat the cream in a coffee pot until the first blisters appear. Then, remove it from the fire and pour it on the chocolate. Stir it to melt and keep it aside.
Beat the cream with the mixer until it starts to thicken and add the icing sugar, the Amaretto liqueur and the coffee, continuing to mix. Divide it in 4-6 cups or bowls and garnish with savoyard biscuits sprinkled with the coffee liqueur.
Pour over the chocolate sauce and garnish with a spoonful of banana ice cream. Sprinkle the surface with a little cocoa and serve immediately.
By chef Panikkos Hadjittofi