Three people have tested positive for coronavirus after 1794 diagnostic tests on Friday, raising the total number of cases in Cyprus to 910, 12 of which in the British Bases.
Dr Leontios Kostrikis said that given the ‘very satisfactory’ results two weeks after the initial relaxation of measures, experts have advised the government today to go ahead with plans for the further easing of the lockdown. He added that the coming days are critical as more pupils will go back to school.
Today’s results are:
- None through tracing of the contacts of positive cases (120 tests today)
- Two from public hospital labs (279 tests today)
- None from private initiative (422 tests today)
- None from special health groups (74 tests today)
- One from testing of workers in retail and construction sites (716 tests today)
- None from repatriations (27 tests today)
- None from pupils and teachers (156 tests today)
At 3 pm on Friday, there were five patients at Famagusta Hospital, all in good condition.
There are three intubated patients in ICUs, all at Nicosia Hospital. Their condition is described as critical but stable.
In addition, there are two confirmed Covid-19 cases in hospital wards other than Famagusta Hospital.