The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is an international, non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation. It is a regional center of excellence, dealing with issues of regional interest and global importance, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary research and international collaborations.
The Cyprus Institute consists of four specialized, multidisciplinary research centres developed in collaboration with leading international institutions in relevant thematic areas:
- Energy, Environment and Water Research Center (EEWRC)
- Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC)
- Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CASTORC)
- Climate and Atmosphere Research Center (CARE-C)
The Cyprus Institute Graduate School
The Graduate School is the educational arm of The Cyprus Institute. It is an accredited, degree-granting institution of higher education.
Established in 2010, the Graduate School focuses on postgraduate level education. It maintains a small number of students that are fully integrated into the research activities of the institute. This provides the students with the opportunity to acquire hands-on training in the use of the latest methods and techniques, have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and conduct research with internationally recognized research teams.
The Graduate School provides a learning environment where excellence in education and research is enhanced through interdisciplinary collaborations addressing regional problems of global significance. The school aspires to educate future leaders in academia and research. Our alumni hold positions in academia and industry, both in Cyprus and internationally.
|Generous Financial Aid opportunities are available:
▶ Research Assistantships
▶ Work–study Scheme
- Digital Cultural Heritage, MSc
- Environmental Sciences, MSc/MPhil
- Simulation and Data Science, MSc
- Science and Technology in Cultural Heritage, PhD
- Energy, Environment and Atmospheric Sciences, PhD
- Computational Sciences, PhD
|Our portfolio also includes a diverse set of training opportunities:
▶ Summer Internships
▶ Winter / Summer Schools
▶ Special Seminars / Workshops
THE GRADUATE SCHOOL AT A GLANCE
- INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT: 50% of our students and 60% of our faculty are international
- JOINT DEGREES: 29% of our students are enrolled in joint degrees
- FINANCIAL AID: 100% of our PhD students receive partial or full financial aid
- MOBILITY: 73% of our students spent at least 1 month abroad
- EMPLOYABILITY PROSPECTUS: 100% of our students were employed within 3 months of graduation
WHY STUDY AT THE CYPRUS INSTITUTE
- A UNIQUE EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE WITHIN AN ACTIVE RESEARCH ENVIRONMENT
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a champion in competitive research, attracting an impressive number of European projects and other competitive grants. CyI has an impressive record, 13 times above the European average, in attracting funding through the Horizon 2020 program per full-time research staff (for the period 2014-2019).
- STATE OF THE ART FACILITIES
Research projects have co-funded a number of state-of-the-art facilities dedicated to interdisciplinary research, many of which are unique at the regional level and to which our students have direct access throughout the duration of their graduate research. Many of our students have the opportunity to work as research assistants and join research teams that, along with their theoretical education, offer them research project experience.
- EXCEPTIONAL FACULTY
Our students have the opportunity to study alongside exceptional faculty with interdisciplinary knowledge and world-leading research teams. These academics and researchers are attracted to CyI due to its emphasis on interdisciplinary research and its unique geographical location that gives access to an area abundant with research challenges and opportunities.
- LOW STUDENT-FACULTY RATIO
The Graduate School has a small number of carefully selected students, resulting in a low student-faculty ratio. This allows for a high degree of individual focus in research, personal guidance, mentoring and career coaching, resulting in successful placements.
- MULTICULTURAL ENVIRONMENT
The Graduate School values the strengths that a multicultural environment provides and hence has prioritized the promotion of diversity, as a result 50% of students and 60% of our faculty are international. The language of instruction and communication is English.
- JOINT DEGREES
Through the extensive research collaboration and partnerships network, our students have the option to pursue their PhD studies at the Cyprus Institute Graduate School jointly with internationally recognized institutions with which the institute maintains agreements for joint degrees such as: the University of Illinois, the University of Paris-Saclay, RWTH Aachen University, and other prestigious institutions.