The Health Ministry on Sunday announced one death from Covid-19 and 339 new cases of the novel virus out of a total of 8,778 tests – PCR and rapid – carried out all across Cyprus.
It also said that 208 patients were treated in hospital, 55 of them in serious condition.
Sunday’s one death is a man aged 75 with underlying health problems.
The total number of deaths due to covid-19 is now 148 – 99 of which are men (67%) and 49% (33%) women. The average age is 80.
The 339 positive cases were traced as follows:
- 118 through tracing (562 tests on Sunday)
- 33 through private initiative (473 tests on Sunday)
- 15 from public hospital labs (319 tests on Sunday)
- One from GP referrals (234 tests on Sunday)
- Two through the Cyprus Federations of Volley Ball and Basket Ball random checks
- 170 confirmed cases after 7,171 antigen rapid tests
The total number of recorded covid-19 cases in Cyprus has now risen to 27,350.