For the patties:
- 16 medium shrimps, peeled and finely chopped + 4 big shrimps
- 1 medium potato grated and peeled
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 7-8 tablespoons of cream
- 1 cup grated halloumi,
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate and tender salad leaves for garnish (optional)
For the hummus:
- 1 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 clove of grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 1 mature peeled avocado cut into cubes
- 1 large mango peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped leaves of coriander
- 1 lime juice
- ½ hot green pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Mix the seasoned potatoes, onions, parsley, hummus, halloumi, yolks and the shrimp in a bowl. Add salt and pepper, mix and keep in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Rinse the chickpeas with cold water and put them in a saucepan. Pour cold water over and boil for 20 minutes. Drain again, throw away the water and return to the pot with fresh cold water. Allow the chickpeas to simmer until soft, remove them from the heat, cool them and drain well, holding a few tablespoons of their water.
Empty the cold chickpeas in a blender, or a food mixer, add the tahini, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and mix them well until they become a creamy mixture, adding a few tablespoons of their water, if necessary. Mix all the salad ingredients a bowl and keep it in the refrigerator. Boil plenty of oil in a deep frying pan.
Shape the mixture into small round patties and wrap them in the flour. Then, fry them until they have browned. Add the hummus to a platter, or 4 dishes, spread the patties on top and garnish with the boiled whole shrimps. Scrape around the pomegranate and accompany them with the mango-avocado salad and the salad leaves.
By chef Antonis Nikolaou