A section of Alexandrias street will close for four months due to roadworks for expanding Garyllis linear park, Limassol’s city council announced on Tuesday.
It said that the section of the street, from the junction with Franklin Roosevelt avenue until the beach will close on Wednesday April 4 and will remain closed for a period of four months, due to roadworks for the project “Expansion of Garyllis linear park – organic link with the seafront along Pallados-Dimokratias-Alexandrias streets”.
The project includes:
- Corrective works at Pallados, Dimokratias and Alexandrias streets.
- An organic connection with seafront.
- Creation of a cycling route.
- Redevelopment of road surface.
- Widening pavements.
- Planting, lighting.
- Upgrade of the sewage system.
It is funded by the EU Regional Development Fund under the programme “Competitiveness and sustainable development” for 2014-2020.