According to data released by the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy the highest number of SMS requests sent by Cypriots on Thursday 14 January were for supplies/services (No 2), followed by physical exercise (No 6). A total of 339,299 messages have been sent, of which 322,072 were valid and 318,102 were approved.
As of Sunday, January 10, Cyprus entered into a lockdown until January 31, with the public, expect those allowed to go to work, allowed to leave their house twice after obtaining permission via SMS.
A total of 130,071 SMS were sent for supplies/services, while the SMS for physical exercise amounted to 64,405. Less SMS messages (1,301) were sent for going to a ceremony (funeral, wedding, christening).
Categories of legitimate outings:
- Going to the pharmacy, visit a doctor, or give blood or for a COVID test or for vaccination
- Going to a supermarket to buy essential products, goods and services (groceries, food)
- Going to the bank when electronic transactions are not possible
- Absolutely necessary visits to a state or local agency
- Going out to help others who are in need of assistance or isolation, including those under quarantine
- Going out for physical exercise, in groups of up to two humans as long as the outing takes place in areas adjacent to the neighbourhood
- Attending a ceremony or service (funeral, wedding, baptism/christening) if guests are first or second degree relatives in groups of up to ten individuals
- Any other reason for going outside that can be justified under the measures as described in the latest decree on movement restrictions