Incidents occurred at Dias Group of Companies last night after a group of protesters entered the building, setting fire and breaking the door.
The Pan-Cypriot march began in the afternoon outside the Presidential Palace and then was found outside Dias in Engomi.
After breaking the door of the group, the protesters entered the parking place, breaking and setting fire to vehicles and then entered the building destroying the entrance.
It must be noted that House Speaker Annita Demetriou denounced the incidents noting that we have to protect freedom of speech and democracy.
According to page “Awaken Cypriots” the demands of the march were:
- Immediate cancellation of SafePass
- Immediate commitment by the President and the parties and the employers that citizens/employees will not pay for rapid tests
- Immediate commitment to abolish rapid tests every 72 hours
- Immediate commitment by the President and the parties and the employers that vaccination against Covid-19 IS NOT mandatory
- Separate of citizens into those who have been vaccinated and those who have not must stop immediately
- Blackmail, threats for dismissal of employees in the private and public sector due to their refusal to be vaccinated must stop immediately
- Immediate cancellation of the illegal decrees
- Immediate declaration by the President that the lockdown is illegal and anti-constitutional
- Reinforcement of health sector with millions spent on useless rapid test
- Immediate increase of beds in ICUs
- Increased protection and support measures for vulnerable groups.