Dog Friendly Beaches
Unfortunately, in Cyprus dogs are banned on most public beaches.
Be aware that atteding to a beach not specially designated for dogs, you are liable to be fined 85 euros.
Cyprus Tourism Office has listed the following beaches as dog-friendly:
1. Steratzia Beach, located within the boundaries of Kato Pyrgos village. This area is not located on maps so you better ask a local how to get there. It is easily approached.
2. Kasianes Beach near Spyros Beach south of Larnaca airport, within the municipal limits of Larnaka. Fortunately, this is a clean and sandy beach for dogs and their owners.
3. The beach Ezousa, northwest of Paphos airport, within the limits of the beautiful village Acheleia. This is a small and safe beach, but with pebbles. Although dogs can have a lot of fun here, swimming is not that easy for human owners.
4. Beach Pitili east of the Platania estuary, within the limits of Neo Chorio village in Pafos district. This beach is stony and rocky, the sea is considered rather dangerous and the access is difficult.
5. Karavopetra Beach is located near Monagroulli village (between Le Meridien hotel and old Moni power station), of Limassol District. This is actually a friendly beach for both dogs and their humans owners. The beach is mostly sandy and the area is quite. It can be easily reached by a car.
6. Prolimnos Beach is located west of Pissouri, in the Limassol District. The view here is lovely, however the beach and the sea are full of stones making it hard for swimming. The water is also very deep and there are usually large waves. The beach is also hard to find.
7. Beach “Gliki nero B” in Paralimni, is another beach available for dogs. It is a very small beach next to the buffer zone. The beach is sandy but the sea is stony.
Dog Friendly Coffee shops & Restaurants
Moondog’s Bar and Grill, Nicosia, Tel. 0035770 006300
FlashBack Cafe, Limassol
Breakfast at Teafunny’s, Nicosia, Tel. 0035722 333030
Kafeneio Xouzouri, Limassol, Tel. 0035799 451996
Dog Friendly Hotels
There are many hotels and resorts in Cyprus that allow pets.
Here are some of them:
Linos Inn, Kakopetria
Hilton Cyprus, Nicosia
Mon Repos, Agios Napa
Asty Hotel, Nicosia,
Onisillos Hotel, Larnaka,
Athena Beach Villa, Protaras
Natura Beach Hotel and Villas, Polis
Bed & Breakfast Danae Villas, Cyprus Villages, Tochni
Kaos Hotel Apartments, Ayia Napa
Pasianna Hotel Apartments, Larnaka
Faneromeni Court, Paphos
Sunrise Studios, Limassol
Banana Cyprus Villas, Kissonerga
SeaBreeze Villa with Private Pool, Sotira
Geotanya Hotel Apartments, Limassol
Palates Village Hotel, Droushia
Roman Hotel, Paphos
Florea Hotel Apartments, Agia Napa
Mike & Lenos Tsoukkas Luxury Villas, Protaras
Dog Friendly Parks
National Forest Park of Athalassa for Dogs, Nicosia