One new positive case in the Turkish-held areas was announced on Monday by “health minister” Ali Pilli, bringing total cases there to 92, CNA reports.
The new case is reportedly from Lapithos.
Speaking during a press conference this afternoon, Pilli said that so far 3,109 tests have been conducted in occupied northern Cyprus, 43 have been discharged from hospital following treatment (29 of whom were German tourists) and 47 are still being treated.
On yesterday’s 3 cases, he reminded that the Turkish-Cypriot students who arrived on March 21 from the UK quarantined in 3 separate hotels will remain in obligatory isolation for one more day despite completing 14 days in quarantine yesterday because tracing of the contacts of the three cases had not yet been completed.
He also said that 50,000 face masks and 3,000 special masks and antiviral medicine arrived today on a private aircraft.
It was mentioned at the same press conference by a medical professional that a total of 1,050 people who arrived from abroad are in controlled isolation in hotels and other establishments and another 75 people are monitored by a medical team as contacts of confirmed cases.