Only one person has tested positive for coronavirus for a second consecutive day after 1882 diagnostic tests raising the total number of cases in Cyprus to 918, the Health Ministry said on Tuesday.
The case was found after 276 tests in public hospital labs.
Dr Leontios Kostrikis said that the “close to zero numbers reward our collective effort as a country in the last two months.”
No positive cases were found in other groups of the population as follows:
- None through tracing of the contacts of positive cases (123 tests today)
- None from private initiative (387 tests today)
- None from special health groups (114 tests today)
- None from repatriations (5 tests today)
- None from tests of 10,000 workers in hair and beauty salons, restaurants and tattoo parlours (2 tests today)
- None from pupils and teachers (514 tests today)
At 3 pm on Tuesday, there were three patients at Famagusta Hospital, one in the increased care unit. One was discharged
There are three intubated patients in ICUs, all at Nicosia Hospital. One patient is also being treated there but is not intubated.