Parts of downtown Nicosia will be closed from 11 pm on Saturday (16 June) to 3.00 pm on Sunday, 17 June, as the capital hosts the Super Special Stage of the Cyprus Rally for the fifth consecutive year,
The Super Special Stage will begin 9.36 am and cover a 2.6 km route. The focus will be the Markos Drakos roundabout near Paphos Gate.
The following roads will be closed:
1. Regina street from where it links up with Arsinoe Street as far as Markos Drakos roundabout.
2. Egypt street. From Lloyd George square to Markos Drakos roundabout.
3. Museum street. From where it links with Nehru street to Markos Drakos roundabout.
4. Kinyras street. From the junction with Ayios Pavlos and Navarinou streets to Markos Drakos roundabout.
5. Nehru street.
6. Markos Drakos street. From Markos Drakos roundabout to the Ledra Palace checkpoint.
7. Charalambos Mouskos street. From Ledra Palace checkpoint to Kinyras street.
8. Costis Palamas street. Only the left lane will be closed towards Omirou street.
9. Chylonos street. Closed in the directions towards the centre of town, with traffic diverted to Byron Street
The above roads will also be partly closed with special traffic arrangements in place on Wednesday, 13 June from 3.00 pm to 8.00 pm as rally crews recce the stage.
Spectators wishing to watch the Super Special stage are urged to arrive on site well on time and to follow the instructions of police and safety marshals. For more details on the rally visit: www.cyprusrally.com.cy