A 31-year-old man who was arrested on Saturday for an attempt on the life of a 34-year-old last Friday in the Tombs of the Kings area in Paphos has been referred directly to trial on June 11 before the Paphos Criminal Court, the CNA reports.
The man, who had been remanded in eight days custody will remain into custody until his trial on June 11 as per today’s relevant court decision.
According to police information, the 31-year-old suspect was in Paphos on holiday but was stranded in Cyprus after the flight ban for Coronavirus.
The man was arrested in the early hours of Saturday while returning to his apartment that was being watched by police.
During the interrogation following his arrest, the 31-year-old said that the victim went to his apartment with another two men, whom he named, to beat him up.
The 34-year-old victim, however, who received treatment at the ICU of Paphos Hospital following knife injuries sustained from last Friday’s attack, said that the suspect owed him money which is the reason he sought him out.
Police investigations are ongoing.
Paphos murder attempt: 31 year old remanded in custody