Based on the decisions of the Council of Ministers, and aiming at curbing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 virus, only for the abovementioned groups of citizens, in the following areas:in places where SafePass is required, individuals aged 6 and above must hold one of the following:
- Certificate of full vaccination.
- Proof that they have been infected with COVID-19 during the last six months.
- Certificate of a negative rapid antigen test, valid for 7 days, for individuals aged 6-11 years old.
- Certificate of a negative PCR or rapid antigen test, valid for 72 hours, for individuals aged 12-17 years old.
- Certificate of a negative PCR test, valid for 72 hours, or rapid antigen test, valid for 48 hours, for individuals aged 18 and over, and at least one dose of the vaccine where required by Decree.
According to the Ministerial Decision, only the following groups of citizens may be served through the mobile rapid antigen testing units:
- Minors up to 17 years old. It is understood that children aged 12-17 who do not have the consent of their parents/legal guardians for vaccination may carry out a rapid test free of charge through the programme of the Ministry of Health.
- Persons aged 18 years or over who cannot be vaccinated, provided they possess a medical certificate, and after their request has been examined by the Cyprus Medical Association and the Ministry of Health and has been approved. The approval must be presented to the testing unit. Pregnant women fall in this category, provided they possess a relevant approval from the ad hoc committee of the Cyprus Medical Association.
- Persons who have been vaccinated with the 1st dose of the vaccine, only for the period required between the 1st and 2nd dose of the vaccine. For verification purposes the Vaccination Card must be presented.
- Persons who have completed their vaccination scheme and the period of 7 months has elapsed without receiving the booster dose, until the reassessment of the measure on January 15, 2022. For verification purposes the Vaccination Card must be presented.
- Persons who received the booster dose of the vaccine, but wish to take tests for health monitoring purposes or for other reasons. It is understood that the Vaccination Card must be presented.
- Persons holding a COVID-19 recovery certificate within the last 180 days but wish to take tests for health monitoring purposes or for other reasons. It is understood that the recovery certificate must be presented.
In addition to the above verification certificates, it is reminded that all citizens must carry proof of identity (e.g. Identity Card, Driver’s Licence, Passport, etc.), for identification purposes.
On Saturday, 1 January 2022, the testing units under the control programme of the Ministry of Health, will be operating, only for the abovementioned groups of citizens, in the following areas:
|District||Location of testing units||Operating hours|
|Cyprus University of Technology (TEPAK) Square, behind Rectorate||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Pano Polemidia Cultural Events Hall||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Atlantica Oasis Hotel, Germasogeia (hotel lobby)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Multifunctional Centre of Pyrgos, Lemesos||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Conference Centre of Kolossi (close to Apostolos Loukas Church)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Trachoni Community Clinic||10 a.m. – 1 p.m.|
|Pelendri Community Council||9 a.m. – 12 n.|
|Sports Centre “Glafkos Clerides”, Agros||1 p.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Makariou Housing Community Council, Kamares area, Larnaka (5 Agios Vasileios Street)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Metropolis Mall (entrance 5, underground parking area)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Prodromos Primary School||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Livadia Community Clinic||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Area near the Municipal Health Clinic of Aradippou||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Dromolaxia – Meneou Municipal Amphitheatre||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Xylotymbu Old Grocery Shop||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Mosfiloti Community Council||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Xylofagou Cultural Center (near roundabout)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Zygi Community Council||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Agios Dometios Municipality (event hall)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|European University Cyprus (East Wing, Ground Floor)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Aglantzia Healthcare Centre (entrance opposite Lefkoniko Municipality)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Panagia Evangelistria Church, Palouriotissa||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Mall of Cyprus (underground parking area)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Agios Georgios Church, Latsia||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Tis tou Theou Sofias Church, Strovolos||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Lakatamia Municipal Gallery||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Psimolofou Community Clinic||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Palaiometocho Community Clinic||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Dali Community Clinic||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Astromeritis Community Council||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|“Triptolemos,” Club Evrychou||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Pera Chorio Nisou Community Council||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Klirou Community Council||9 a.m. – 1 p.m.|
|Agia Varvara Community Council||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Arediou Community Council||2 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Pyrgos Tyllirias Community Council||1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Town Hall Square (next to “Efseveia” Club)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|“Vrisi ton Pegiotisson” Square, Pegeia||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Chloraka Church||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Paralimni Municipal building (covered parking area)||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Church of Agia Napa, Agia Napa||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|“Onisilos” Union, Sotira||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Frenaros Community Council||12 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Agios Georgios Elementary School, Vrysoulles – Acheritou||11 a.m. – 1 p.m.|
|Dasos Achnas Community Clinic||2 p.m. – 4 p.m.|