It has been nine months since a medical negligence case was reported to Limassol police by the family of a 59-year-old man who died in the city’s general hospital after several incidents.
And, much to the distress of the family of the deceased, the case remains open, Philenews reported on Wednesday.
While the man was recovering from a gallbladder removal surgery at the hospital, he suffered a stroke. He had undergone another operation but died days later with his relatives claiming this was a crystal clear case of medical negligence.
At the same time, the family claims that the 59-year-old’s medical file lacks documents related to the period he was hospitalized.
The wife of the deceased told Philenews her husband was in and out of the Limassol General Hospital from October 2021 until January 2022. That’s the time he had to be hospitalized up until the end of March when he passed away.
She also said he had been diagnosed with a gallbladder infection, however, despite the long period of time he remained hospitalised he had not undergone surgery.
And that, after his death, she received a copy of the medical record from the hospital but it did not include any documents during the period of his hospitalisation.