NewsLocalConstruction worker awarded €180,000 compensation for labour accident

Construction worker awarded €180,000 compensation for labour accident

A construction worker has been awarded €180,000 in compensation for a labour accident that occurred 16 years ago.

It covers the pain he has suffered as well as loss of future earnings, Phileleftheros reported on Thursday.

The accident occurred in July 2002 when the worker fell from the first floor of a building under construction.

In 2012 the court found that that the construction company had not taken the necessary safety measures at the site. It ruled that it bore 70% of responsibility. The worker, who sustained serious injuries including being blinded in one eye, was deemed to hold the remaining 30%.

The company appealed, but its appeal was rejected and the initial court decision was upheld.


Top Stories