NewsLocalCell phone on fire while in man's trouser pocket, leg burn suffered

Cell phone on fire while in man’s trouser pocket, leg burn suffered

A 35-year-old man from ​​Famagusta district has suffered a leg burn after his expensive almost brand-new cell phone caught fire while in his trouser pocket.

He is now taking legal action against the manufacturer and the company that sold him the faulty mobile phone, Philenews reported on Thursday.

He bought the phone – worth over a thousand euros – three months ago from a company in coastal Paralimni and was paying it off with monthly installments.

However, shortly after 9 a.m. on October 25 he was walking down the hallway of the complex where he worked as a technician when he felt a severe burning sensation on his thigh.

He immediately realized it was coming from the side pocket of the pair of trousers he was wearing.

At the same time, thick smoke began to come out of the pocket as the burn was becoming more and more painful.

After realizing something was wrong with his cell phone, he threw the toolbox he was holding and the noise prompted his colleagues to come out of their offices.

In a split second he removed his trousers while his colleagues with a fire extinguisher put out what was smoking.

Top Stories

Taste