A new Facebook group named Cyprus Covid-19 Pandemic Helpers has been formed to provide a platform to those businesses and individuals who want to share the services they can offer to those most in need in the coming weeks.
“This group has been established to become a focal point across Cyprus for all persons, business, other groups to post what they can offer, to whom and where and also to ask for help,” the organisers said.
Businesses and individuals are responding to the initiative with one woman volunteering to help with shopping and dog walking for those unable to leave their homes, and one business offered a listening ear to those who need it.
Anyone can join the group instantly, although the organisers kindly ask members to adhere to certain rules:
1. Only post if you can offer something or you require help.
2. Start your post with the location within which the offer is valid or area you reside if you need help.
3. Include details of the offer, to whom it applies or what help it is that you require.
4. No fake news will be tolerated.
5. No abusive comments or deemed to be unhelpful comments will be tolerated.
6. We reserve the right to block anyone deemed to have broken the rules, at our discretion.