The Health Ministry announced 11 new coronavirus cases out of 3209 tests in Cyprus on Saturday, a further improvement on the 15 announced yesterday.
This brings the total in Cyprus to 761, including 10 at the British Bases.
The new cases are
- None found from the large-scale 20,000 tests in workers (1391 tests today)
- 3 through tracing of the contacts of positive cases (640 tests)
- None from hospital labs (181 tests)
- 1 from repatriations ( 526 tests)
- 6 from private initiative (87 tests)
- 1 from Okipi (state health organisations) staff (384 tests) The person is a cleaner at Paphos Hospital..
So far, of the 20,000 tests which started on April 11, a total of 7,890 have been completed.
At 3 pm on Saturday, there were 17 coronavirus patients at Famagusta Hospital, which is the referral hospital, three in the increased care unit.
Two were discharged.
Nine patients are intubated in the ICU of Nicosia and Limassol Hospitals and there are another four patients in the ICUs, but not intubated.
Their condition is described as critical but steady.
Another six Covid-19 cases are hospitalised in other wards.