Ahead of the start of stage two of the lockdown exit strategy on May 21, the Health Ministry has issued a list of the catering establishments which will be permitted to open.
Under the law on catering establishments, the outdoor areas of the premises below can operate provided they comply with the health and hygiene rules issued by the Health Ministry:
In addition, the following can operate outdoors provided they comply with hygiene rules
– Canteens of associations and clubs
Outdoor area is defined by provisions on the law against smoking.
- Outdoor areas of businesses that will resume operation must have tables and chairs
- Children’s play areas (indoor/outdoor) are not permitted at catering establishments until a decree is issued to that effect
- The operation of bars which are part of the service of a catering establishment (indoor or outdoor) is not permitted at catering establishments until a decree is issued to that effect
- The operation of the remaining establishments is prohibited (bars, nightclubs, discos, music/dance establishments). These businesses will be reassessed at a later stage as they are venues where there is crowding and social distancing measures cannot be adhered to
The Health Ministry said hygiene and protection rules must be diligently adhered to by staff and the public.