NewsLocalLimassol: Man suffers 15% second degree burns after water heater explodes

Limassol: Man suffers 15% second degree burns after water heater explodes

A 25 year old man from Romania suffered 15% second degree burns after the electric hot water heater in his Limassol apartment exploded.

A 43 year old woman from Bulgaria who was also in the apartment suffered minor injuries.

The explosion occurred at around 9.30 pm on Tuesday evening at an apartment in Limassol’s Petrou and Pavlou area while the young man was taking a bath. The woman was in the next room.

Both were taken to Limassol Hospital where the man was found to have suffered second degree burns on 15% of his body and he was transferred to the burns unit at Nicosia Hospital.

The woman was administered first aid and released.

Police and the fire service are investigating.

Top Stories

Taste