A 15 year old boy who collapsed and died while at a party early on Sunday morning, died of asphyxia after choking on his own vomit, a post-mortem showed on Monday.
The youngster, from Troulloi, was at friend’s birthday party when he went outside, vomited and then collapsed. Friends called for help, but neither one of the fathers — who is a policeman — nor the paramedics who sped to the scene were able to revive him.
State pathologist Eleni Antoniou said the boy had died of asphyxia as a result of ingesting vomit. Toxicological tests will also be carried out.