Only one person tested positive to Covid-19 after 2647 diagnostic tests on Thursday – first day of phase two of the easing of the lockdown.
This brings the total number of cases in Cyprus to 923, the Health Ministry said.
Dr Leontios Kostrikis said the one case is from the tracing of the contacts of positive cases (203 tests today). It is another member of the staff of a Paphos nursery school where a positive case was reported over the weekend. Tracing will continue, based on procedures, he added.
“The epidemiological picture is excellent and we must safeguard it. The second phase of the relaxation of measures started today, marking an especially important period because it will determine future plans,” he said.
No positive cases were found in other groups of the population as follows:
- None from 20000 tests in the retail and construction sectors (558 tests today)
- None from special health groups (65 tests today)
- None from public hospital labs (281tests today)
- None from private initiative (109 tests today)
- None from repatriations (230 tests today)
- None from tests of 10,000 workers in hair and beauty salons, restaurants and tattoo parlours (276 test today)
- None from pupils and teachers (915 tests today)
At 3 pm on Thursday, there were four patients at Famagusta Hospital, one in the increased care unit.
There are still two intubated patients in the ICU of Nicosia Hospital. Two other patients are also being treated there but are not intubated.