NewsLocalHealth Minister: 36 year old tests negative for coronavirus

Health Minister: 36 year old tests negative for coronavirus

A 36 year old man has tested negative for the coronavirus, Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou has announced.

On a message on Twitter early on Sunday afternoon, the minister said that he had been informed by Cyprus Institute for Neurology and Genetics that the 36 year old man who had recently travelled to Milan had tested negative.

The minister added that checks at the airports, ports and checkpoints were continuing  without any problems.

“Our only concern is safeguarding public health. I would like to thank the health professionals for their dedication and the public for their understanding,” he added.

Meanwhile, in a written statement deputy government spokesman Panayiotis Sentonas said that all the required measures were being taken at the checkpoints.

“Regarding the checks at the checkpoints, all the necessary and appropriate measures are being taken as concerns the coronavirus, particularly all those coming from the occupied to the free areas, taking into consideration the increase in the number of people crossing because of the three day weekend,” he said.

Read more

https://in-cyprus.com/coronavirus-akinci-says-closure-of-four-checkpoints-a-mistake-hopes-will-be-corrected/

Top Stories

Taste