- 500 mince (mixed pork and beef)
- 1 medium onion, chopped or grated
- 1 egg
- 2 whole slices of bread
- 2 pinches cumin
- 1 thin teaspoon of oregano,
- 2 tablespoons of ouzo
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- About 24 small cubes / dices Mytilini cheese or kefalotyri (120 gr)
- Flour + oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
Remove the crust from the bread, chop it, soak it in lukewarm water and squeeze it well.
Put it in a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and knead the mixture well.
Spread the mixture into small round balls (about 24).
Put in the center of each ball 1 cubed ladotyri or kefalotyri and close them in round meatballs.
Spread them on a platter or a tray and keep them covered in the fridge for ½ hour.
Then fry them lightly in a lot of oil.
Serve them with salad.