- ½ kg of minced meat (pork and beef mixed)
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 3-4 tablespoons of grated toast
- 1 medium onion grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + a little extra for spreading,
- 2 tablespoons white wine (or vinegar),
- 1 teaspoon oregano,
- 1 teaspoon grated dry mint
- 1 handful of grated kefalotyri (or nay other hard cheese)
- 1 medium grated tomato
- Salt and pepper
Mix the mince with the egg in a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of grated toast and then the onion, oil, wine, oregano, mint, cheese and tomato.
Add salt and pepper and knead the mix.
Keep the mixture covered in the refrigerator for 2 hours (if you keep it for longer, do not put the onion in, add it later). Then, make it into burgers.
If it seems too soft, then add another spoonful of grated toast.
Bake the burgers on an oiled grill under the oven grill for about 20-25 minutes until they become golden brown on both sides (put a baking sheet underneath to pick up the slices).
Serve with salad and fries.