Following the Asia Minor disaster, the Hellenic Society of Wines and Spirits (EEOO), operating a number of wineries across Greece, decided to expand its operations to Cyprus by buying a Pera Pedi winery (an 1890 building), thus establishing KEOO (Cypriot Company and Spirits) on February 15, 1927.
New facilities were constructed, the winery was equipped with the latest machinery of the time and staffed with experienced personnel. The company took its first steps.
In early 1927, the company employed 30 people and production reached 21 thousand litres. The first bottled wines were Othello, Aphrodite and Coeur De Lion, still surviving today.
Full story: https://xryseseteries.philenews.com/en/keo/