The number of positive coronavirus cases in Cyprus edged down further on Monday to five after 1669 tests, continuing the downward trend of recent days.
Yesterday, the Health Ministry had announced six new cases and the day before 11.
This brings the total in Cyprus to 772, including 10 in the British Bases.
The results are:
- Two positive cases from the large-scale 20,000 tests in workers (1171 tests today).
- Two through tracing of the contacts of positive cases (236 tests)
- None from hospital labs (72 tests)
- None from repatriations (122 tests)
- One from private initiative (2 tests)
- No tests were completed from Okypi (state health organisations) staff
From the 20,000 tests since April 11, a total of 9720 have been completed.
At 3 pm on Sunday, there were 16 patients at Famagusta Hospital, four of them in the increased care unit. All are in good condition.
Two patients were discharged.
There are eight intubated patients in the ICUs of Nicosia and Limassol Hospital.
Another five patients are in Nicosia Hospital ICU, but are not intubated.
Their condition is described as critical but stable.
In addition, there are four confirmed Covid-19 cases in hospital wards other than Famagusta Hospital.