Post-Brexit, European language skills are in ever-increasing demand. Foreign language skills play a vital role in enhancing employability and mobility.
Multilingualism also improves the competitiveness of the EU economy. In 2017, the European Commission highlighted that around one-fifth to a quarter of jobs in the EU required an advanced level of foreign language skills.
In light of this, The English School’s English Institute is delighted to announce the launch of beginner Language courses.
We aim to offer French, Spanish and German lessons designed to be enjoyable and entertaining. Students will be learning the language at an A1 level in two years and will do so through games, songs and interactive activities.
The course will be delivered by highly experienced English School teachers and will allow students to:
- Understand and use very common everyday expressions and simple phrases for immediate needs.
- Introduce themselves and other people and can ask and answer questions about personal details, such as where they live, things they have and people they know.
- At the end of the two-year course, they will have the opportunity to take the A1 certificate and move on to the next level.
- These courses are open to children aged 11 to 14 years old. Teachers will be using textbooks, which have been designed specifically for children learning the language at an A1 level.
For more information about the courses:
- [email protected] or [email protected]
- 22799500 (from 12pm to 6pm)
About The English Institute: The English Institute has been operating on the premises and under the guidance of the English School in Nicosia since 1968.
Its prime objective has always been to enrich its students’ educational background with language skills that will prove to be a great asset.
Experience has taught us a great deal: how to choose our teachers, create an ideal learning environment, and prepare our students for examinations – with excellent results. See https://theenglishinstitute.ac.cy/ for more details.
About The English School: Founded in 1900, The English School is a high-performing independent school that promotes academic excellence through high-quality teaching and learning processes.
The school seeks to maximise individual potential by providing rich and engaging educational experiences.
See https://www.englishschool.ac.cy for more details.