The Health and Safety office of the Education Ministry has announced measures for combating and prevention of the seasonal flu via a circular sent to schools today, philenews reports.
In the announcement, the ministry advises the following:
- Vaccination of the vulnerable population groups following directions of their Personal Doctor
- Strict adherence to the Ministry of Health instructions to keep the virus from spreading by following basic hygiene rules pertaining to the flu and respiratory illnesses.
- Sick children should stay at home once they present symptoms of a respiratory infection. They are free to return to school once their fever subsides
- In case of cough or sneezes, the mouth should be covered with the hand, and any tissues used should be discarded immediately followed by washing of hands
- Avoid face-to-face contact with a person presenting symptoms of a respiratory infection
- Frequently wash hands with soap or antiseptic and avoid touching face with dirty hands
- Follow a healthy diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables, and exercise
- Properly ventilate closed spaces during recess, and keep common areas clean