the Cyprus Handicrafts Service, of the Ministry of Energy, Commerce, and Industry:
1. Red clay pottery
3. Lefkara embroidery
4. Cyprus macaroni making,
5. Traditional textiles
6. Making of Cyprus Chest
• Treasure hunt by the Cyprus Scout Corps (10:30-11:30).
• Traditional embroidery making of Lefkara lace, crochet, and gauze by the Cultural Association “Idaliades”.
• Demonstration of embroidery «fervolite»
Municipality of Karavas.
• Preparation of traditional broom (“vroukali”),
by Costas Antoniou.
• Demonstration of rose distillation by Mrs. Koula Zonia.
• Presentation of karagkiozis Shadow Theater by Christos
• Traditional embroidery with crochet hook and cocoon
crafts by Stella Kazana.
• Educational activity with dough by the museum educators
of the Museum’s Friends Association.
• Narration of Cyprus Folk Tales by Ms Maria Koni
• Documentary screening:
1. Karavas – fervolite embroidery (10:00)
2. The Traditional music (11:00)
3. Abandoned Countryside (12:00)
4. The soul of water (13:00)
• Traditional and folk dances (10:30)
40% discount on the publications of the Society of Cyprus Studies and offers at the handicraft shop due to the 85th anniversary of the Cyprus Folk Art Museum
Where Archbishop Kyprianos square, Old Archbishopric Palace, the churchyard of the Old Cathedral of Saint John Evangelist, Nicosia
Saturday 21 Μay 2022 | 9:30-13:30
Museums as carriers of social change and sustainable development
1937-2022| 85th anniversary of the Cyprus Folk Art Museum
Old Archbishopric Palace,
In the churchyard of the Old Cathedral
of Saint John Evangelist, Historic Centre
of Nicosia, tel. 22432578,