Cyprus’ Tourism Deputy Ministry said on Friday it has agreed to promote joint tourist packages with Israel, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon to attract visitors from the US, Canada, China Japan and France.
It said consultations are ongoing with Greece and should be completed soon.
The packages include thematic tours, promoting key characteristics and sightseeing places of the countries involved, such as areas of natural beauty, cultural monuments, large events, which visitors can enjoy as part of a single tour package.
Joint packages include the following thematic tours:
- Dive into Aphrodite’s sea
- A contemporary take on arts, traditions and handicrafts
- Following the footsteps of St Paul
- Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Gastronomy
- Thrills on wheels
- The hidden treasures of the Phoenicians’ route
- Following the footsteps of Goddess Aphrodite
- A photographic journey through the natural beauty of the East Med
The next step will be to brief tourist operators on the packages. These will also be offered for excursions in Cuprus to cruise passengers.