3 cups oil
1 cup carob
1 cup sugar
½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsps. baking powder
1 kg of farina flour + 3-4 tsps.extra
2 beaten eggs with a little milk for spreading (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil, carob, sugar and cinnamon for 2-3 minutes (use a food processor at low speed).
- Put the orange juice in a cup, add the baking soda and stir with a teaspoon until it dissolves and pour the mixture into the bowl with the carob syrup.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder separately and add it partially to the mixture with the carob syrup, biting the mixture at low speed until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and knead for 5-6 minutes with your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Shape into small buns.
- Put carefully the buns at a non-stick paper and spread them with the beaten eggs and milk (optional).
- Bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown.