NewsLocalCoronavirus: Second person tests positive in Turkish-held north Cyprus

Coronavirus: Second person tests positive in Turkish-held north Cyprus

A second person has tested positive to coronavirus in Turkish-held north Cyprus, the Cyprus News Agency reports.

It said the new confirmed case is the husband of the 65 year old German tourist who tested positive on Tuesday and had been in quarantine in hospital.

He developed a fever today and underwent a second test which came out positive.

The woman’s health is described as stable.

Meanwhile, the Turkish Cypriot authorities today announced the closure of two checkpoints — at Strovilia and Limnitis as part of new measures to contain the spread of coronavirus.

Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci said he had not been informed about the closure, saying that before he left the meeting on the additional measures, discussion had centered on more stringent checks at the crossing points.

Schools are closed until March 22 and sports events postponed until April 3.

Other measures include no work permits for foreign workers as well as widening of the list of nationals not allowed to enter the north.

Read more

https://in-cyprus.com/coronavirus-unficyp-urges-close-cooperation-of-two-sides-in-addressing-public-health-emergency/

Top Stories

Taste