Nine deaths from coronavirus and 3,786 new infections were recorded over the last seven days, the Health Ministry announced on Friday.
The cases were detected from a total of 480,220 rapid and PCR tests carried out between April 22 and 28. The holiday island’s positivity rate is 2.64 per cent.
Meanwhile, the most recent deaths including that of a 59-year-old woman, increased the total fatalities to 1,015. These were recorded from April 21 to April 27.
Moreover, 89 Covid-19 patients are now hospitalized in state hospitals with 20 of them being in serious condition.
The deaths concern:
- A man, 82 years old, who passed away on 21/04
- A man, aged 93, who passed away on 22/04
- A man, aged 89, who passed away on 23/04
- A man, aged 78, who passed away on 24/04
- A man, aged 77, who passed away on 24/04
- A woman, 59 years old, who passed away on 24/04
- A woman, aged 87, who passed away on 27/04
- Woman, aged 87, who passed away on 27/04/2022
- A man, aged 75, who passed away on 27/04/2022
The data also showed the percentage of unvaccinated people hospitalised with the virus dropping to 42.70 per cent.
Another 11 patients who stopped being infectious continue to be intubated in Intensive Care Units due to the virus.