The State Health Services Organisation (SHSO) said on Tuesday in a letter sent to the Ministry of Health that the Limassol Hospital will suspend normal operations for 48 hours as of Wednesday, March 11.
It said in particular that “following the confirmation of a Coronavirus incident affecting a health professional at the Nicosia Hospital and the MoH’s decision to place the said hospital in 48-hour quarantine, the Limassol Hospital, being the second largest hospital in Cyprus and in the context of three new suspect cases being investigated, has decided in a meeting conducted today on the following measures for the next 48 hours effective March 11:
- All outpatient appointments, admissions and surgeries of all specialisations are suspended for the next 48 hours.
- Visitation hours will be strictly limited to official times, namely from 13:00-14:00 and 17:00-19:00 when it’s absolutely necessary.
- Patients should visit A&E exclusively for emergencies.
- People who have travelled to high risk areas and present mild symptoms should not visit A&E but remain home and call 1420 for instructions.
- Citizens that came into contact with a confirmed incident should self-isolate and call 1420 for instructions.”