The Labour Ministry announced on Thursday measures regarding homes for the elderly and disabled in connection to the Coronavirus pandemic, namely:
- Elderly homes and daycare centres for the disabled will continue their operation given that they take the necessary precautions as announced by the Ministry of Health. Outings from homes by inmates should be limited to the absolutely necessary. Visitation by family will also be reduced to one family member at a time.
- Adult centres for the disabled and the elderly will continue operations. However, family members of the inmates are urged to stay home if possible. Outings by inmates should be limited to the absolutely necessary, and all measures issued by the Ministry of Health should be adhered to.
- Home carer visits will continue given that all preventive measures issued by the Ministry of Health are followed.
The Labour Ministry also issued advice on child care as follows:
- Home child carers may continue providing services only in cases where the child has noone else to care for them.
- State daycare centres for children suspend operations.
- Daycare centres for babies and child-minding centres suspend operations.
All above measures will be in effect until Sunday, March 22, 2020.