NewsLocalCoronavirus: British Bases announce two confirmed cases

Coronavirus: British Bases announce two confirmed cases

The British Bases have announced that two members of the British Forces Cyprus community have tested positive for COVID-19.

They are members of the UK Armed Forces permanently based at RAF Akrotiri, the Bases said on Sunday night. They flew back from the UK on March 13 into Paphos Airport and having developed symptoms, they self-isolated and were tested for Coronavirus.

The male and female, are currently displaying mild symptoms and remain in self-isolation at RAF Akrotiri.

The BFC Joint Services Health Unit have activated its contact tracing plan.

“All passengers arriving at RAF Akrotiri undergo a screening process and appropriate action is taken as required. We want to reassure everyone that we have a robust plan to protect our people,” the Bases said.

Every UK national arriving from the UK into the Bases will self-isolate at home for 14 days from arrival, the announcement concluded.

The two cases are understood  to among the seven new confirmed cases announced by the Health Ministry earlier this evening bringing the total to 33. There are also six cases in the Turkish held north.

Read more

https://in-cyprus.com/coronavirus-another-seven-test-positive-total-now-at-33/

Top Stories

Taste