The Health Ministry said late on Thursday that it had been notified by the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics of another three confirmed cases of coronavirus.
The latest announcement brings the total to 10.
The ministry said the three new cases are:
- a person who has been hospitalised in a specially designated area at Limassol General Hospital and who had returned from Italy and contacted authorities after exhibiting mild symptoms. The person will be taken to Famagusta Hospital in Paralimni
- a person who is in self-isolation at home and who had exhibited mild symptoms after returning from Greece and contacted authorities. The person will remain in self-isolation at home
- a person who is in self-isolation and who returned from Germany which is a category 2 country requiring self-isolation. The person has no symptoms and will remain in self-isolation.
The Health Ministry’s epidemiological monitoring unit has already started tracing the contacts of the three new cases and will take samples for tests.
Earlier on Thursday the Health Ministry had announced the seventh confirmed case — a man who came to Cyprus from the UK a few days ago. Four cases were confirmed yesterday and another two on Monday.
Meanwhile, a 28 year old Greek Cypriot who flew to Larnaca from Gatwick last night with high temperature has tested negative for the virus.