The Health Ministry announced on Thursday that another 14 people have tested positive for coronavirus, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 146 (including three in the British Bases).
According to the update from the Ministry of Health, the new confirmed cases are:
- 8 found through tracing of the contacts of people who were found positive to Coronavirus
- 4 are people who had returned from trips to Europe
- 1 person from Paphos Hospital
- 1 whose history is being investigated
76 of the 146 confirmed cases are from contact with other people found positive to Coronavirus.
Dr Leontios Kostrikis said that ‘a number’ of those who had been diagnosed have since recovered.
“The situation is manageable. Stay at home to give the health services time to prepare should the need arise,” he said.
As to the clinical condition of patients, Dr Marios Loizou said that one was at Makarios Hospital in good condition (a three month old baby who tested positive yesterday), 13 were in the ward at Famagusta Hospital, two were in the special care ward there while one was in a ward at Nicosia Hospital.
A total of six have been intubated, two at the ICU of Limassol Hospital and four at the ICU of Nicosia Hospital. Their condition is described as critical but stable.