The Yianis Christodoulou Foundation announces the launch of a Pancyprian Primary School Competition, entitled ‘Christmas Card – Helping Children’.
The competition is open to students attending during the academic year 2018-2019 Year 1, 2 and 3 of public primary schools. Participation is on a voluntary basis.
Based on the Christmas spirit, it is aimed to raise the awareness of children through the competition for volunteerism as part of providing help and support to children in need. The aim of the competition is for the children to design – create a Christmas card. The card will be decorated in such a way as to convey the Foundation’s aims, vision and mission.
The overall competition has 3 prizes which will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Prize: €10.000
- 2nd Prize: €5.000
- 3rd Prize: €2.000.
The prizes will be given to the primary schools where the children who designed the winning cards attend. The prize money will be used for the implementation of projects in the three schools (e.g. infrastructure, renovation, purchase of equipment) by the Yianis Christodoulou Foundation, based on the approval of the proposal submitted with the school’s Christmas card. Each proposal will be discussed and approved by the relevant stakeholders (MOEC, Directorate of Primary Education, School Board, Technical Services of MOEC etc.).
The Yianis Christodoulou Foundation is established in the UK, but works also in other countries such as Cyprus which is the homeland of the Founder, Mr Christodoulou. Mr Christodoulou has been donating and supporting for many years various charities both in Cyprus (Telethon – Radiomarathonios Agapis) and the UK. Based on the need to extend this charity work and support to the children, Mr Christodoulou decided to set up the Foundation with the aim to utilise to the maximum the funding raised
The aim of the Foundation is the provision of support and help to vulnerable groups of people with the main focus on children and young people. The ultimate objectives are:
– The provision of opportunities for education and training, so that students’ can acquire and use to the maximum their knowledge, skills and competences for their future lives.
– The improvement of their living conditions and the quality of their lives so that they can live in a safe and healthy environment.
– The encouragement of students and generally young people so that they will be able to generate a better future
– The provision of resources for the improvement of quality of living for children with special needs.
The Yianis Christodoulou Foundation has completed in the last year various projects in Cyprus in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Culture, the Ministry of Welfare, Labour and Social Security, the Nicosia School Board and others, such as the following:
– the renovation of the ground floor of the Nicosia Children’s House (Paidiki Stegi Lefkosias) and purchase of furniture/equipment,
– the creation of a mutli-media lab room for the teaching of IT and English at 3rd Kaimakli Primary School and the purchase of interactive board (touch screen), laptops, desktop computers and new modern furniture,
– the purchase of 18 string instruments for the needs of the SISTEMA CYPRUS programme and,
– the upgrade/renovation of the outdoor basketball court at 3rd Kaimakli Primary School and the purchase of P.E. equipment.
For more information about the competition you can visit the official website of the Yianis ChristodoulouFoundationon (https://www.yianischristodouloufoundation.com/competition ), or by getting in touch with us via email at [email protected] .