The Health Ministry announced 227 new Coronavirus cases out of 56,230 PCR and rapid antigen tests on Friday, 5 November, taking confirmed infections to 125,640.
The 227 cases through PCR and rapid tests are as follows:
- 59 taken through the process of tracing already confirmed cases (883 tests today)
- One from tests conducted within the framework of checking passengers at Larnaca and Paphos Airports (2,002 tests today)
- 27 through private initiative (1,510 tests today)
- 10 taken within the framework of public hospital labs (224 tests today)
- Two tests taken within the framework of the GP referrals program (208 tests today)
- 80 from antigen rapid tests conducted privately (30,453 tests today)
- 48 confirmed cases found through 20,950 antigen rapid tests.
Analytically the 48 confirmed cases from the antigen rapid tests:
|Old people’s homes||0|
|Sampling at airports||0|
In total, 18 patients with SARS-CoV-2 are being treated at the Famagusta General Hospital including six in the Increased Care Unit. Moreover, 12 patients are being treated at the COVID-19 unit of the Nicosia General Hospital and three in the Increased Care Unit.
Some 10 patients are being treated at the COVID-19 unit of the Limassol General Hospital and four in the Increased Care Unit. Also 12 patients are being treated at the COVID-19 unit of the Paphos General Hospital and four patients at the COVID-19 unit. Finally, 10 patients are being treated in the ICUs including two patients who are not intubated.