With stage one of the gradual easing of the lockdown beginning on Monday, the government has decided to provide coronavirus tests for 20,000 employees in the retail and construction sectors, which together with the public sector, are the main areas of economic activity going back to work on Monday.
The tests will be carried out between May 4 and May 25 with the ministry’s list of approved labs.
The ministry said that 14,000 of the 20,000 tests will be for retail companies and the remaining 6000 for construction sites.
1. Retail trade
- Employees in the retail food and drink business are excluded
- The programme is for employees who come into direct contact with the public such as cashiers and sales employees
- Depending on the number of employees per business the following tests can be carried out
- Businesses with up to 3 employees, 1 person per premise
- Businesses with up to 10 employees, 3 persons per premise
- Businesses with more than 10 employees, 6 persons per premise
- Businesses with more than 30 employees, 10 persons per premise
- The appointments will be made at the request of the business and not after a personal appointment. The company must fill up the required form and send it to the lab of its choice
2. Employees at construction sites
- The tests will be carried out as follows:
- 3,000 with mobile units at the actual workplace
- 3,000 after appointments are made with the labs .
- In cooperation with the Labour Ministry, the labs will by May 6 notify the list of sites and the number of employees to be tested
- Businesses not included on the mobile unit must make appointments as businesses and not personal appointments and must fill in the required form and send it to the lab of their choice